Thursday, January 31, 2008

Me and the Gang...



I just turned 33 years old. My thoughts.....


1. Growing older doesn't bother me...in fact - bring it on! What DOES bother me is the fact the older I get, the faster time seems to fly. I don't like it! I remember when I was 15. The day after my 15th birthday I was ALMOST 16 - those 364 days until my 16th birthday occurred were the longest of my life! Doesn't work that way anymore!!!


2. The older I get, the more that I realize I KNOW NOTHING! I remember when I was 18 ( let alone 25) and thought that I'd pretty much figured life out... well almost, but I realize now that it was supposed to be that way - it's how i made it through those years! :) Now, I'm humble enough to realize that I'm fairly clueless and just doing my best to figure it out along the way!


3. I like where I am. I have no desire to turn back the clock and do it over again.

4. I want to slow down this year and savor life a little bit more. I love this quote:


Here are some pics from the big day:



I'm taking this picture as i'm lounging on the couch while Mark is hard at work making my birthday dinner! He is quite the chef! He made "to die for" bbq chicken that he placed on a bed of fettuccini. He served it with steamed vegi's and yummy parmesan cheese bread! SOOOOO good. He even served it on my plate for me! He worked really hard. He coordinated it so that it was all done at the same time!!! :)



Mark made me a lemon cake with cream cheese frosting! So cute!


He then thought it would be funny to make a mess out of my face! :) Em decided to take a lick of that oh so yummy frosting!
Another year down....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like you had a great day.

I love your new blog background too. Give me a call and we can reschedule that play date...

Beth said...

Sorry I missed your b-day--I was busy drowning while attempting to snorkel and trying not to have a panic attack in the beautiful waters of HAWAII!!! Hope it was great--your gift will be in the mail this week (I hope)