Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Love my little Garrett....

Yesterday morning, I was home doing laundry. It was a quiet morning and I decided to turn on President Hinckley's funeral as I was folding. Well, before the funeral even started, the tears began. I don't cry often. My friends tell me that I have a glandular problem and so I figure that maybe it's all connected :)...but anyways, whenever I get teary, my kids are instantly worried and somewhat amazed at the same time. Garret was worried and here is a portion of our conversation:

GT: Mommy...what's wrong?

Me: Oh Garrett - I just love him...I just love him so much!

GT: its okay mom - he'll always be in your heart!

What a sweetheart! I have such a tender spot in my heart for President Hinckley. When Mark and I got married, we looked back at the last few years of our life and made a vow to each other that we would never turn back. We would always press forward in the gospel and work hard to attain our goal of attending the temple and increasing our testimonies. As I grew, I feel like I was constantly reaching for the words and teachings of our great Prophet. I did love him so much.

No comments: