Monday, November 5, 2007

Okay...I'm officially tired! Really I am :). It's been quite a week. A week ago Saturday, Jordan fell on his bike and hit his shin on his pedal. It caused a little scrape that I didn't find out about until a the next day. A few days later, he started complaining that it was bothering him and by Thursday night, it was warm to the touch and looking a little strange. Mark and I both looked at it and thought it was odd. On Friday morning, he got up and went to school as any other normal day. But the time he got home, he was a mess. He had a fever and a splitting headache and his leg was a MESS! It was burning hot and covered with little boils. By Saturday night, after going to both the Dr. on Friday and the Emergency Room on Saturday, we found out that he had a nasty staph infection! YUCK. So, needless to say, he is on some strong medication for the next 20 days. Fortunately, the medicine has kicked in and he is doing soooo much better. Thank goodness.

Nick on the other hand is on the down hill slide! He hasn't been himself for over a week now and I had him to the Dr. today. He's had fevers off and on and constantly wants to sleep. Strange for my little one that has NEVER needed sleep! :) His Dr. couldn't figure out what was going on and I took him in for a series of blood tests today. Hopefully in the next few days we will be able to solve our mystery!

On top of it all I still need to clean my house, get my grocery shopping done, get to the fabric store for a project that I'm working on, finish my project :), Organize a meal for 600 at our school next Saturday (I just found out about it last week - I even have a budget of $200...hooray:)), help get ready for the primary activity on Monday, make cupcakes for the soccer party on Thursday, get ready for Jordan's Arrow of Light ceremony on Wednesday, etc., etc., etc., and make sure my husband and children are healthy and happy! I know I can! I know I can! I know I can!!!!

4 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh, I love that post...busy busy busy! my favorite part was "I know I can, I know I can..." call if you need me :)

Kendra said...

such is life i guess right?! you had too much spoiling in paradise a couple of weeks ago! ... real life beckons you...:) good luck!

Jody said...

NOW we know why you only post around twice a month! Just kidding....I can totally relate, although we've never had a staph infection at our house. Nasty. Hope J is doing better.....:o)

Sara & Saylor said...

Im dying for you to post again! How is everything?